NExT Search Centre will organise its 8th Workshop on 17 July 2014 (Thursday) at NUS School of Computing. During the workshop, the researchers from both NUS and Tsinghua University will showcase their technologies and demos as well as discussing latest research, collaboration and commercialization with potential partners. The event is estimated to receive 40 participants from academics and industry players.
NExT is a centre jointly setup between NUS and Tsinghua University. It received $10M funding in May 2010 from the Media Development Authority of Singapore through the Interactive Digital Media Programme Office (IDMPO). With Professor Chua Tat-Seng and Professor Sun Maosong as the Co-Directors, the Centre focuses on research in "Extreme Search", aiming to develop technologies to search for live and dynamic data beyond what is indexed in the current Web. In particular, the Center focuses on crawling and mining user-generated contents (UGC’s) in Singapore and Beijing and carrying out research in the following areas:
• Gathering of representative live social media content using multi-faceted approaches.
• Transformation of unstructured, multisource and multimodal UGC contents into structured knowledge.
• Analysis and fusion of multi-source information for live event detection and search.
• Analysis and indexing of large scale images/videos for classification and search in fashion and social media domains.
• Continuous location-based analysis and search.
• Social/differential news analysis and applications.
• Live social observatory.